No you’re not a dreaming! It is indeed a Shared Topic! Feels like forever since I’ve done one of these! This week’s topic may seem a little redundant after after my last post, but appearances can be deceiving. I totally have stuff to bring to the table. The topic was suggested by Jaedia, our Lazy Sniper and is very timely. To read other people’s takes, be sure to check the thread at Blog Azeroth.
What am I doing to conquer the pre-expansion slump? What a good question! A guildie of mine who was losing interest asked me that a few weeks ago. I answered almost instantly. My 10 man team. She quit the game a few days later. Wrong answer I guess.
Then my guild redid the raiding schedule and I got a job (in real life) with irregular hours. Now, not only do I no longer have a 10 man team, but I mainly kissed raiding goodbye altogether. (Just on my working nights and just for the summer though!)
But, I’m a project-type person. As long as there’s something to plan, some data to sort, some lists to make, I’m absolutely fascinated. So here’s a list of ideas for the fellow project-type person:
– Gear wish lists! Gear wish lists for you, for your offspecs, for your alts….and 15 of your favorite guildies.
– Quest drop rate reports. Because someone should really prove that the quest in Swamp of Sorrows where you have to kill the whole zone 10 times to get a piece of paper is just inhuman/inelf/intauren/inorc/indwarf/ingnome/introll.
– Prank a guildie. Put those secret alts to good use to farm/follow/tbag/disrupt the AH postings of the guildie of your choice. The more elaborate the better. (And no, Isumi is not me.)
– Cross-server Auction House reports. Which server has the cheapest flasks? The cheapest glyphs? The cheapest gems?
– Spread some happiness. Roll a male draenei, strip him naked, pop him on top of a male mailbox and have him /yell the lyrics to All the Single Ladies. If Glee club isn’t your thing, go around and /hug as many random strangers as you can. Take note of how long it takes for you to get warned about sexually harassing other players.
– Give in-game public transportation an IRL feel. Hang out by the ships, the tram, the zeppelins. Chat up those waiting by asking them about their shoes, which movies they saw last and what they think of Jaina Proodmore. Throw in some begging for change to add to the effect. May possibly be less entertaining on an RP server.
Get to work with all of this, and you won’t even notice the time between now and Cataclysm. Unless you get banned, of course.